From:
Mark Seeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:36:13 -0500
Glenn Miller wrote:

>OK--here goes.  I was wondering what the list members felt was the one
>composer they would like to have seen lived longer.

For my curiousity and idle speculation, I would say Mozart.  Haydn and
Mozart were comtemporaries and fed off each other's creativity and genius.
However, Haydn, in my opinion, surpassed Mozart in his London symphonies,
but this is also due in part to having outlived Mozart.  So, it is
interesting speculation to think and consider how Mozart might have
surpassed Haydn if he had lived to his life expectancy.

Mark