From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:10:38 -0600
Aman Ahuja wrote:

>Being young and interested in CM can be difficult -- it's hard to get
>exposed to music.  Few of my friends are interested.  Mp3s (the source
>of most music for people our age) are low quality, badly referenced and
>labelled, and few CM files are available in any case.  Concerts are
>expensive.  Burning friends' CDs is not only illegal, but useless because
>said friend doesn't have any classical music except Christmas music and
>Holst's Planets.

Aman, You don't have to resort to spending a great deal of money to buy
classical recordings. You can buy just about any piece that you want
these days on a competent, if not excellent budget priced cd. Surf Naxos'
web site, or invest in cds from Brilliant classics, or some of the lower
priced reissues from the majors. You can find absolutely any style period
on Naxos alone for a maximum of $8 per cd, and in most places, cheaper.

Kevin