From:
Rick Mabry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:55:38 -0600
Oh fudge.  I guess everyone knows this, but my own web searches failed
to find mention of it: In the 3rd of Bartok's "Three Rhondos on Folk
Tunes" (Sz84) is the exact tune to the American commercial from the
1960's (I think) for Nestle's chocolate.

"N - E - S - T - L - E - S
Nestle's makes the very best..."

I know, loads of classical music is stashed away in commercial jingles,
but this caught me by surprise.  Hmmm, I wonder which of the following
has exposed more baby boomers to classical music: their parents; TV
commercials; cartoons.  I suspect the latter!

Rick Mabry
Shreveport, LA