Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:29:37 -0000
From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Roger Hecht wrote:

>But Skrowaczewski didn't conduct all the symphonies. His Ninth
>was not in this series as far as I recall. A Japanese conductor whose
>name escapes me, did that one, I believe. Skrowaczewski the 9th did it
>with Minnesota for REference. It seems to me there is another gap, too,
>but I'm not sure.

No, Skrowacewski *did* record the Ninth for Arte Nova.  Whether it was
ever released as a single issue, I am not sure.  But it is certainly
in the boxed set.  That iincludes the "00" and "0" Symphonies too so he
recorded an absolutely compleyte Bruckner cycle.  I have a copy in front
of me now.  He did also record the Ninth for the Reference label, as you
say.

Tony Duggan, England.
Mahler CD recordings survey is at:
http://www.musicweb.uk.net/Mahler/