HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dylan Stapleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:54:06 -0700
What is the consensus, if any, on the reliability of window glass dating
regression formulas? Is there a preferred formula for use on mid to late
19th century West coast sites, i.e. Roenke 1978, Moir 1987, Ball 1982, 1983?
I?ve requested Roenke?s article through interlibrary loan in order to obtain
his formula, but if anyone has or knows the formula and the accompanying
reference table, could you please post it? Additionally, if anyone has
access to alternative formulas please post along with the reference
information. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can give me.