HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
georgejmyersjr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:53:37 -0500
Speaking as a spectator to re-enactments I feel my understanding of American
History enriched by the interpretative firing of rifles at Harpers Ferry
Armory next to the exposed pit of melted arms. The firing of an artillery
piece at a National Civil War Battlefield, and the capture of the fort at
the Manor of St. George, Mastic, NY by re-enacters representing both sides.
Particularly welcome are the players (docents) who represent the time period
at various historical sites. I am not sure what those place would actually
represent without them, but I'm sure they wouldn't last too long.

My two cents, standing next to three Parrott rifled cannons standing as a
tripod pointed into the ground at Shiloh.

George Myers