From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:27:11 +0100
Margaret Bickmore in Colorado writes of a family whose youngest child risks
becoming uninsured after a parental job change which mandated an insurance
change.  The child is too small to insure!

Is there some kind of insurance appeals board for disputes like this?  Would
not the insurance company have to accept the child's physician's opinion
that the child is healthy?  Can the parents make a big show of applying for
medicaid for this child because their insurer won't cover her?  Could they
take a TV crew with them when they meet with the insurance company?

If there is no other recourse, this is a case I would happily take to the
media, in hope of embarrassing the insurance company into submission.  They
should be ashamed of themselves.

Rachel Myr
former small child, lifelong short person, and not costing my insurance
company much of anything