Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:04:12 EST
I have searched the archives and still need to read some more of them but so
far can't find what I need (also have done a medline search).  If anyone out
there in Lactnetland has a medical reference on the incidence of TMJ in
neonates, I have a pediatrician who says in the pediatric world it is doubted
that it exists.  Why then does this 5 day old baby have difficulty with jaw
extension and make these lovely popping noises that can be heard several feet
away and felt when this poor baby is rooting (gaping).?  Moms nipples are
sore/damaged from the jaw clenching and she can no longer tolerate
breastfeeding.  (Mom is familar with chiropractic and consulting one I
referred her to).

Would like to send something to the pedi in the meantime.  Thanks.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC, RLC