From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 01:28:06 +0200
Barrett Reynolds:

>How old is too old to become a virtuoso?

Well, comming to the world of performing, i'd think when You've lost the
dexterity of Your limbs, ie.  the older You get the more motivated You
have to be.  I guess, in any case, to old is when You're at the nursing
home regetting never giving it a try.

Minna Keal, was in her late 80'ties when she had her first CD out on NMC
if IRC.

>I can't think of one example of a late-blooming classical composer.
>If any of you can think of some, I'd love to hear them.  It would give
>me great encouragement!  Thanks, and happy listening!

for composing, i'd say its when You family is calling the undertakers..
ie.  its never to late to start!  but its always to soon to regret that
You never did!

peter lundin, gothenburg.se -  Counting the days: DDS 100 (1906-2006)