From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 17:41:48 -0400
Robert Peters wrote:

>I really hope that your post is meant ironically and cheeky - if this
>is not the case I wonder what's happening to Lieder-L these days: is
>there a virus of being unfriendly around?
>
>>Robert Peters, you are the very same person who a few years ago was
>>mentioning that he had practically every single recording ever made
>>of a few Schubert cycles, yes?
>
>Well, no. I have three time Die schone Mullerin, two times Schwanengesang
>and six times Winterreise.  Not very impressive, is it?

Richard Pennycuick has written very graciously and privately to me telling
me that I have inadvertanly confused two people with similar names.

I am very sorry that my initial teasing (and, as it turns out, RUDE)
message was sent before I fully checked out my facts.  I am including
the paragraph of Richard's message so you will see how very mistaken I
was.

Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>Your teasing post in reply to Robert Peters and his rather puzzled reply
>sent me to my MCML archives - I've kept it all since I joined, I don't
>really know why.  The guy I think you had in mind was Philip Peters who
>is either on a long-term lurk or is no longer part of the list.
>Certainly, he had just about every version ever of Winterreise, and
>posted often about Schubert in general.  I think Robert is German and
>Philip American, but that's just an assumption.

I hope my apology is accepted. When I am wrong, I am VERY wrong.

Mimi Ezust -- who does NOT remember things as well as she thought.