From:
"Fabio D. Bovelacci" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:53:39 +0200
Hi everyone, I'm a new user, I like to play the piano, pipe organ and
harpsichord as well as composing, my name is Fabio.

I'm studying the piano sonata op.28 n.15 and I found that the tempo
markings of the 2nd and 3rd movement on the urtext edition I have
(Koenemann), are very different from the "standard" way of playing of
every pianist I've heard.  The 2nd movement is marked as ANDANTE, in
2/4, which is rather fast: why nobody follow this indication instead of
playing it slow and singing?  The 3rd movement is an Allegro vivace in
3/4, and everybody plays it as a presto/prestissimo.  With "everybody"
I mean Glenn Gould, Alfred Brendel, Jeno Jando, and some other pianists
I know by person.  Are these (urtext) indications there just to waste
ink or there's a reason to ignore them?

Thanks you in advance for your reply and sorry for my english.

Regards.
Fabio