HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:29:34 +0000
Janna,

I would vote for saving and preserving any bottled items, assuming the contents
are not decomposed or badly deteriorating.  You might get useful suggestions
for preserving the olives from someone in the food industry that markets olives
currently.  Similarly, a perfume manufacturer might advise on conditions for
preserving the perfume in your laboratory.  I can imagine scenarios in which
the products in your two bottles could become of special interest.  For
example, some day DNA analysis on the olives might be desirable to determine
the species of the olives.  The perfume might be examined by chemists in the
industry to see how it differed from modern perfumes, or if it is similar to
modern perfumes.

Allen Vegotsky