From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 17:40:47 -0400
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>      Dmitri Shostakovich
> Symphony No. 11 "The Year 1905"
>
>London Symphony Orchestra/Mstislav Rostropovich.
>LSO Live LSO0030  TT: 72:24
>
>Summary for the Busy Executive: Tract for the Times, Tovarich!

Steve is this a recent recording, or was it done sometime ago, maybe in
the 90s? If the latter, I was at that concert. It was part of a pair of
concerts performed during a Shostakovich festival. They did the Third
(I think), 11, 12, and 15. It's quite something when you think of it,
all four of those symphonies in one week, each a one-shot deal, as far
as I know. I love Shostakovich and this was a real treat for me. And it
was a terrific performance.

Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>