From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:27:54 -0500
At 03:47 PM 3/13/03 +0000, Virginia Knight wrote:

>I'm shortly to pay another visit to Japan.  I know that there are
>recordings available there which have been deleted everywhere else.
>I'd be interested to know of any listmembers know of which they think
>are particularly good (i.e. ones which shouldn't have been deleted!).
>I should be able to use the recording number and/or my knowledge of
>katakana to identify them if they aren't labelled in Roman letters.

Teresa Berganza singing songs by Manuel de Falla, Garcia-Lorca, Turina and
Montsalvatge, accompanied by Narciso Yepes on the guitar or Felix Lavilla
on the piano, DG POCG-2658.

Travelling through Spain, I teased a fellow tour member for having bought
the recording there when we all knew that recordings were so much cheaper
in the USA.  Little did I know!  It wasn't available here.  I finally
located it and snapped it up at, I think, over $20 for the CD, much more
than my usual outlay.  It was a Japanese issue; the music was worth the
expenditure.  The program notes were only in Japanese and Spanish, however.

Walter Meyer