From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:49:43 -0400
Made me think :-) I guess what I do is model swaddling with hands out and
that old nursery nurse method of foldng the blanket (fold down 2nd base, lay
baby on   pitcher's mound, fold 1st base over towards 3rd, fold home plate
up and fold 3 rd base over front and tuck in.  I think babies do sleep
better wrapped and do nurse better unwrapped.  Another interesting cultural
custom that I see all the time from many cultures is hand mitts (bah).

>  These folks are literally frightened that if they swaddle
> the baby in one receiving blanket for a couple of hours while they nap
> or shower they are endangering his life.

My problem is more too warm than not wrapped. and babies don't feed or sleep
well if too warm.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ