From:
Megan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:11:43 -0400
Here's a clear example of how one formula company attempts to taint the
image of breastfeeding, while aiming to glorify formula feeding...

In this first image of breastfeeding, notice the mother sitting alone, in a
dark looking room, expressionless and seemingly dreary. Wow, breastfeeding
doesn't look very appealing for mother OR child:
http://www.smanutrition.co.uk/FeedingWeaning/breastfeeding.htm#positioning

Next we have the Formula Family, ooo how happy we all look with the whole
family, just beeming and bright! Everyone's smiling and cheery, see how
wonderful life is when you formula feed?
http://www.smanutrition.co.uk/FeedingWeaning/bottlefeeding.htm

There are examples of this everywhere. Dr. Newman has some very damning
slides revealing this obvious (heinous!) tactic.

Megan Allen
Breastfeeding counselor w/ Nursing Mothers, INC
Newark, DE