From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:37:17 -0400
Jan Thuis wrote:

>Hi, I am new here, so perhaps I do misperceive what is written.  But
>who is the 'we' which is being mentionend?

The 'we' are a few of the members who post messages.  There are many
more just reading who do not post messages.  There is no telling what
THEY think, unless they come out of hiding and contribute.

>Do I unknowingly belong to a perceiving group? (Unconsciously perhaps?)

Some of us do perceive consciously, and some unknowingly.  You are probably
going to find at least a few of us who will belong to both groups at one
time or another.

>Am I (as part of us) in danger of losing something?

Perhaps from time to time, your bearings.  They should return when you read
the next message or two.

>These blows, are they dangerous?

Not in the slightest.  You have seen the strongest blows and you have
survived.  Continue.

>I perceive music, and I perceive changes over time.  Have I missed
>former blows to classical music as they (from then and there, say the
>1913 audience of Le Sacre du Printemps for example) perceived it?

It could have just been publicity, you know.

Welcome to the MCML.  Plunge right in.  There is no proscribed "truth" ...
it's just a bunch of us blabbing away about our hobbies (and a few
professionals are here, too.)

Mimi