From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:35:30 -0400
David Harbin:

>Dear All, Brilliant has issued a 5 CD set of the Beethoven symphonies
>with the Staatskapelle Dresden conducted by Blomstedt.
>
>Has anyone heard these performances?

I doubt this set is that well-known, so I'll report what very little
experience I had with it.  A few years ago I encountered it in a used
record store.  I was very curious about it, and the proprietor was nice
enough to play quite a few samples.  Neither nor my companion was
impressed.  What little we heard seemed rather stodgy.

Obviously, this is almost nothing to go on.  I think it's safe to assume
the reviewer spent more time with it than I did.

But there you have it, for what it's worth.

Roger Hecht