From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 08:50:08 +0100
Mitch Friedfeld waxes lyrical about the BBC Music Magazine discs and
concludes:

>7.  A Berg Violin Concerto, coupled with Schoenberg's Verklaerte Nacht.
>Believe it or not, I never could warm up to Anne-Sophie Mutter's Berg
>VC.  But the BBCMM version really does it for me.
>
>There have been other highlights as well, and the warhorses they record
>are certainly worth keeping.  I think the BBCMM is an excellent buy.

And he's spot on!  The Berg disc was the one that convinced me to
subscribe again, reflecting as it did the same forces brought together
for Michael Berkeley's BBC TV programme on the work.  Like Mitch, I
sometimes refused to eat my peas and suddenly one day discovered, to my
considerable surprise, that they were fresh, minty and added flavour to
the rst of the meal!  All kinds of vegetables now adorn my plate -- and
some of the variety, at least, is down to magazines like the BBC's.  Long
may it continue!

Tim Mahon