From:
Ingrid Groenewald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:08:28 GMT
Hi all
Just want to give you new info on the case and for those of you that don't know-
 here is a recap. Has a mom, was 33 weeks pregnant. Fumigated baby room with
fumi-tabs 6h00 in morning and went to work. 16h00 in afternoon she came back
and enterd the house. Later felt sick. Was atmitted into hospital with total
renal failure and liver disfunction. Baby was born by c/s next morning. Also
renal failure and respiratory disfunction. I talked to her docter today and she
told me that the prognosis for both mother and baby were very poor. Mom was
given something to stop milk production during c/s. Mom had psycosis over the
weekend. She didn't even know that she was pregnant! Monday both mom and baby
improved. She hold her baby for the first time. Baby is doing good. They
started gavadge feedings with formula. I havn't seen them. They only allow
family to see her at this stadge. I talk to the dad often. He has a lot of
guild feelings. He thought that he was in the proses of loosing both his wife
and baby. I know mom really wanted to b/f. Her docter told me that she has no
problem for b/f but she is on medication that is contraindicated. She is much
better now but is still in the ICU. She asked me not to pressure them into b/f.
She said that as soon she is better and drugs are safer she can b/f. I thought
it would be wise to at least start pumping. She has organophospharate
poisoning. They say that the poison is being storred in the body in the fat
cells.
Has this ever happened to one of you. Would this milk be OK to give to the
baby? What are your thoughts.
Please help!

Ingrid Groenewald
RN RM