From:
Miguel Muelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 23:34:58 -0400
"Santu De Silva" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Wasn't there a DVD (or videotape) of a number of so-called great conductors
>a few years ago?  I think I'm finally in a position to psych myself up to
>by that . . .

That would have been The Art of Conducting: Great Conductors of the Past.
It is available on VHS, but still not on DVD:

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6303276849/classicalnetA/

There was a sequel to that as well, called The Art of Conducting:
Legendary Conductors of a Golden Era:

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6304707819/classicalnetA/

I want to get them myself, but I hate buying VHS tapes, when -- especially
for something like this -- DVD is so much better.

(I am not now, nor have I ever been a member, an employee or subject of
Amazon or any of its affiliates, potentates and powers.)

<><
Miguel Muelle
http://mmuelle.home.mindspring.com

 [As is my practice, when Amazon links are posted to the list with
 personal shopping cart info, I remove that personal info, and substitute
 the Classical Net affiliate identifier.  This not only helps avoid any
 confusion about someone else accessing Miguel's shopping cart (in this
 case), but also transparently supports Classical Net if a purchase is
 made.  I, of course, never remove someone else's affiliate info if it
 is included.  In case you were wondering...  -Dave]