From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:16:14 -0700
Robert Summers ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>The Grateful Dead drummer uses his drum sticks and invited him to one of
>their concerts several years ago.

I should point out (M.  le Pedant strikes again) that the Dead have/had
two drummers:  Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart.

>To his amazement the drummer asked Vic to join the Dead in the concert
>and he did.  The daughter of one of the trustees of the BSO was at the
>concert and informed her father.  Soon Vic was taken to task by the
>Executive Director and in no uncertain terms told never to do this
>again.
>
>If I was the executive director I would have looked at this as a publicity
>bonanza and plastered the newspapers with the news.

Indeed.  We should also remember (and the ******s at the BSO should have
been told) that the Dead's Phil Lesh studied with, inter alia, Luciano
Berio and that the Rex Foundation, setup by the GD IIRC, has sponsored
recordings of music by Robert Simpson.

Deryk Barker