From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:21:21 +1000
David Harbin:

>Dear All, Can anyone recommend a good recording of the Rozsa Viola and
>violin concertos?
>
>Paul Silverstone is not allowed to recommend his own recording of the
>viola concerto!

David must be a motor racing enthusiast - Silverstone is a UK racing
circuit, is it not? I have gained immense pleasure from the version by
Paul Silverthorne, who may or may not be into motor racing, coupled on
Koch with his (Rozsa's) Sinfonia Concertante.  The violin concerto is
coupled on Telarc with the cello concerto and the slow movement of the
Sinfonia Concertante.  I have a distinct memory of this being reviewed
for the list, and thus it will be in the archives.  IMO, for anyone at
all interested in Rozsa, both CDs are essential.

Richard Pennycuick