From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:28:56 -0500
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>The review says: "The coordinators of this series chose well in avoiding
>the symphonies which have all been recorded before."

Unfortuately, much to my own disappointment, this is far from the case with
the Naxos series.

Some of the duplication includes:
Barber: Symphonies 1,2
Creston: Symphonies 2,3
Gottschalk: A Night in the Tropics
Hanson: Symphony No.1
Harris: Symphonies 7,9
Ives: Symphony No.2
Thomson: Symphonies

etc.

As for Chadwick, his 2nd and 3rd Symphonies and Sinfonietta were recorded
some years ago for the Music In America Series, for the Society for the
Preservation of the American Musical Heritage.

Karl