From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 17:51:35 +0200
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>On a far more exalted level, Carlos Chavez composed a lovely piano sonata
>indistinguishable in style from a Haydn sonata.

It is absolutely lovely to come across "unknown" or "underrated" masters.
I came a cross a recording with the 1st and 2nd Pianoconcertos by Carl
Reinecke, and I almost fell of the chair when I heard these masterworks.
The recording was with with Gerald Robbins (Piano) and the Monte Carlo
Opera Orchestra conducted by Edouard van Remoortel.  Now that are great
names? It is a mystery to me that not the finest orchestras in the world
has this on their repertoire.

Mats Norrman