Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:42:28 +1000
Years ago, I tried and failed to listen to Penderecki's first Violin
Concerto.  Last year, I bought Naxos's CDs of the symphonies and liked
them, except #1.  Over the weekend, I saw Anne-Sophie Mutter on television
playing the 2nd Violin Concerto and was impressed by it.  This suggests
that perhaps Penderecki's later music is more accessible to me; it could
also be that my tastes have changed to accommodate him.  Whatever, I'd
be interested in other works by him that I should explore.

Richard Pennycuick