Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:12:04 -0400
From:
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]>
Walter Meyers:

>Hindemith and Sessions both wrote music to Whitman's "When Lilacs Last in
>Dooryard Bloomed".  While I believe the Hindemith setting is better known,
>I prefer listening to the Sessions.

I don't know the Sessions, but love the Hindemith.  What are some of the
reasons you prefer the Sessions?  Also, could you, or others help me gain
better "access" to Sessions music.  Mostly all I've heard are symphonies
and I really had trouble with them.  Any ideas much appreciated since I
know he is an important American composer and I would like to come to
better grips with him.

Ed