Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:18:12 +0100
From:
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Dear All, Did anyone else hear the Rattle Mahler 8 live from the Proms
last week? If you live in the UK and missed it don't worry too much as
it will be on TV BBC1 on September 1st.

It make me think of the Horenstein - another Mahler 8 from the Proms.
However Rattle's conducting was quicker and did not have the epic build-up
of Horenstein.  Also it was obvious that, unlike the Horenstein, this was
being mult-miked.  To me the 1959 sound was therefore better than 1992.
The volume at the end was impressive under Rattle though and his soloists,
choirs and orchestra were excellent.

All the best,

David Harbin
Nottingham, UK