Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:09:54 +0100
This must be one of the most frequently played pieces on BBC Radio 3
(another candidate is Glinka's overture to _Ruslan and Ludmila_, which
invariably comes on when I turn on the radio in the middle of the night
while I feed the baby).  When I heard the Ravel recently, I realised that
we don't have a recording.  Can listmembers recommend one? We don't have a
recording of the Debussy either, but I'm not so bothered as to whether the
coupling is that or something else.

Virginia Knight
Currently on maternity leave & based in Cambridge
Personal homepage: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~ggvhk/virginia.html