From:
Peter Schenkman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:16:25 -0500
Ed Zubrow wrote:

>I will pipe in with a quip for which I do not know the attribution.
>"Mozart is to easy for amateurs and too difficult for virtuosos."

The author of the "quip" is Artur Schnabel and I think it's "to easy for
students and to difficult for artists" referring to the piano sonatas of
Mozart.......and I don't disagree.  The number of notes per bar is not the
most difficult part of any performance (on any instrument) the trick, or
call it what you like, is how beautifully one can play it.

Peter Schenkman, Toronto, Canada