Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:52:48 -0700
From:
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]>
This snippet was forwarded to me.  I couldn't locate the entire article
(Onion doesn't archive everything), but it gave me a good laugh.

   This brief article is from The Onion, March 20, 2002:

   Atonal Composers Gather For Atony Awards

   HOLLYWOOD, CA- The recording industry's top atonal composers gathered
   in Los Angeles Monday for the gala seventh annual Atony Awards.
   "Tonight is hostile music's biggest night," said Krzysztof Penderecki,
   nominee in the Most Dissonant Piece category.  "I can't tell you what
   a thrill it is to be here, surrounded by so many legends of arrhythmic
   cacophony." The highlight of the evening is expected to be the awarding
   of the Olivier Messiaen Lifetime Achievement Award to Karlheinz
   Stockhausen for "more than five decades of aggressively impenetrable
   anti-music."

Jocelyn Wang
Culver Chamber Music Series

 [I believe this is the entire article.  The Onion ("America's Finest
 News Source") is at www.theonion.com  -Dave]