From:
Sarah Tanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 06:59:38 -0700
I myself have seen great success with the Isis. I have a few people whom I have worked with, one a very close friend. With the electric pump they had difficulty getting little or any milk, while the Isis would yield 4-6 oz. (4 increasing to 6) as baby got older. She works full time for me (baby came in when she could, stayed with dad or aunt at other times) These amounts were produced in 15 minutes of pumping TOTAL, about 7 1/2 on each side. This is a case I actually saw first hand, I have had quite a few moms suggest that we carry the pump because of the same result in their situations. I myself participated in the trials before the Isis was released and found very little success with it, where as my Pump In Style I could get 6 oz. in 15 min. without a problem. I wonder how much has to do with comfort and the mother's ability to simply relax and allow for MER. I found the pump in style sound relaxing, whereas the above friend felt it was annoying, thus she tried the Isis with little sound and a very small and easy hand motion made it relaxing for her. Just a thought.

sarah tannerGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com