From:
Max Starkenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:12:54 -0600
   You can Telemann by where he likes to live.  I just Toch a trip Orff
   into one of the Wilder areas Faure Wieck, and to be Verdi Franck, it
   nearly drove Menotti.

   I know opinion Varese, but even Vivaldi urban noises, the Bizet
   traffic, De Falla engines, as well as knowing there are Mennin the
   streets Callas enough to knock your Bloch off, I couldn't resist the
   urge to Galuppi home early Satie, and I Haieff to say I Still prefer
   the Mitropoulos.

   The Boyce were Sor that I had Gibbons up and succumbed to the Riegger
   of the Field so easily, but I don't give a Schuetz.

   I was practically Krein from my Severacs and Pains brought on by
   that brief time in the countryside!  Even the sounds got my Dandrieu
   up; let me Liszt some of them: the Rorem of the wind, a constant
   Birtwhistle, the Menuhin of the Katz, the Lipatti-Patti-Glinka-Poulenc
   of the Reiner on the roof, theGluck-Gluck of the hens, and every
   morning a woodpecker or some Byrd Chopin holes in a Tree.  My only
   company was a Thorne Busch, a Partch of poison Ives, a Braun Babbit,
   and sometimes a Wolf, nothing Moore.  For a Forrest Grainger it may
   be Fine -- it may be the Katz Milhaud -- but I could have died of
   Borodin.  A friend suggested my making this Tureck; "Abegg" his
   pardon, but I will never go Bach to those Gotterdaemmerung Hillis.
   They Suk!

   No, I don't care for the Ruggles life.  I like a good Mehul - a little
   Suppe, some Szigeti, maybe some Salome at my local Taverner with a
   little lime Schubert after (even if they don't always clear the Crumbs
   off the table).  And I like to Locatelli while I'm Eaton Maderna at
   night.  Is that asking for Egk in Meyerbeer?

   Nono!  So many people Berio themselves under a Holst of problems they
   know they can't Handel.  Their answer is too Offenbach to nature -
   into Haydn, it seems to me.  I Karajan a d'Indy life in the Berg for
   the most Paert.  Maybe it isn't Perle Bliss for everybody, but it's

   Godunov for me!

Max Starkenburg (not the author)
http://maxstarkenburg.com