From:
Dan Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:52:02 -0500
Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>The late music of the equally late Morton Feldman (to pointedly use
>a nonserial eg) is pretty much indistinguishable from randomised
>notemaking; but the results of this nonprocess still creates a sound
>texture makes these scores rather memorable.

Gosh, I strongly disagree.  There is a definite process going on in all
those long chamber works (which is what I think of when I hear of his 'late
music'), and in fact I can't think of much atonal music in which it is
easier to perceive what is going on.  It is largely based on repetition
with slight modifications.

Dan Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.dfan.org