From:
Mary graden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:18:52 -0500
Hello everyone,
 I have been on lactnet on and off for several years. Now I have an
interesting tidbit to share with you.
The Olympic torch arrived in our town last night and it was quite a festive
celebration. The chamber of commerce had called our Girl Scout troop and
asked if we wanted to sell hot chocolate at the event. We had to say no
because we couldn't get enough people together in  time. But something else
bristled my fur. We would have been required to use only Nestles products.
At  anything to do with the olympics only certain official sponsors logos can
be visible. Some people even had to cover up other logos. This somehow does
not seem in the olympic spirit to me but I guess it has been going on
forever. It is just too bad we can't go around covering up bottle feeding
images.
 Perhaps for future olympics we could put pressure on commitees to do this.
Of course it would be lots easier if ther were big bucks involved but big
voices work too.

Mary Graden
Idaho Falls Idaho