From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 22:50:36 -0500
Margaret Mikulska on Ricky Martin:

>OK, so who is that guy? The name sounds vaguely familiar, and since
>you wrote "a record", he's presumably a musician.  I'm not kidding, I
>honestly don't know who he is.

The latest incarnation of Desi Arnaz, without the maracas or the dizzy
redhead.  Puerto Rican pop/mambo sensation with a monster hit: "Livin'
la vida Loca." The jury's out on whether he's got another one in him.

If you stretch to this kind of music, I'd recommend the more
tongue-in-cheek but true-to-the-roots Lou Bega.  A little less processed
(as in cheese), and to me, far more fun.

Bert Bailey