Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:20:30 -0000
David Harbin wrote:

>Dear All, I see that the BBC are to release Goodall's Bruckner 8 (BBC SO)
>coupled with Baker singing the Wesendonck Lieder.  Can anyoneone give any
>more info on this recording? ...
>
>I hope it is recorded in the Albert Hall rather than the dry Royal
>Festival.  Also that it's as magnificent as I suspect it is.  Kind
>regards,

I have an off-air tape of Goodall's 1969 Proms performance in the Royal
Albert Hall of the Bruckner 8 which is, I am 99.9 percent sure, the one BBC
Legends is bringing out.  It is everything you would expect from Goodall in
Bruckner, though I hope the sound on this official issue is better than the
one I have.  The Wagner, on the other hand, is from the RFH.

Tony Duggan