Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:25:11 -0500
> I remember Jack Newman stating the need to look at the baby first and not the
> numbers.  I totally agree.

One of our sons *lost height* moving from one doctor to another.  It was
immediately assumed to be an error by one office or the other, and even then
(also part of my young and innocent days) it occurred to me to ponder how a
loss of *height* in a child is immediately taken to be an error, but a loss
of *weight* would just as quickly be seen as a problem.  Sort of like the
cartoon showing a laboring woman panting away, and the husband, watching the
monitor, says, "Okay, honey, contraction ends...  Honey?  Honey?"
--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com