From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:18:41 -0800
Rachel said:  Instead of harassing sleeping babies
and practically forcing bottles into them, let's use
our energy to teach
mothers the skill of fingertip expression, and
encourage them to do so right
into the baby's mouth, until such time as baby wakes
up and starts looking around for food.
------------------------

Rachel, this is so logical that I can't imagine anyone
actually doing it.  :-P  Other than me.  My baby boy
was a reluctant nurser and quite determined to not
nurse when my milk came in.  I struggled to wake him
for several days, and ended up with my milk spraying
into his yelling mouth.  The longest he nursed during
days 5-9 or so was for 3 minutes.  He slept and was
impossible to wake.  Fortunately, my strong MER kept
him going, even though it had likely caused the
aversion in the first place.

By the time Rachel met him at 7 mos, he was a fat,
happy nursling.  :-)

kate