HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Julie Schablitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:43:15 -0800
I have been to several road side dumps dating between the late 1930s to 1940s
in eastern Washington state and have found amethyst glass bottle fragments.
Amethyst Mason jar fragments were also found in some of these scatters...not
surprising due to curation.  Bottom line...Never date a site by glass color,
use it only as a suggestion.  .......Julie

Quoting [log in to unmask]: