From:
Geoffrey Gaskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 02:35:19 +1300
Although I suspect it to be almost certain that an opinion from this source
will hold absolutely no value at all for Mr Newberry, I shall venture to
join the small chorus of praise for this String Quartet.

It seems to have a rather American "sound", but I suppose this should not
be at all surprising to anyone, and I have also acquired the impression
that Mr Newberry must live in a large metropolis.  I have no doubt that an
understanding of the music is not expected of one such as I am, therefore
I will not venture to claim any.

However, I do have one little question: Is "Sensucht" meant to be
"Sehnsucht"?

Geoffrey Gaskell [log in to unmask]
http://freeweb.digiweb.com/music/Gustav_Mahler/