From:
"Richard A. Ujvary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:46:24 -0500
Jan Templiner wrote:

>Don Satz:
>
>>Personally, I'd like to come across a top-rate movie about Bach.
>
>I am not sure whether you know this, or whether it is top-rate at all,
>but many years ago there was six (I believe) part film on TV here, made
>by the Eastern German TV.  I followed the first five parts with tremendous
>fascination, but couldn't stand the last.  It was too sad for me, I left
>the TV room and cried.  Unfortunately I don't know the name of that film,
>but perhaps someone else on the list does.

That could have been done by director Hans Conrad Fischer who also did film
bios of Mozart, Beethoven and Bruckner and perhaps even Handel, but I'm not
sure.  I don't think these are available worldwide or even in circulation
at all.  The Mozart bio I know was done in the late 60's, the Bach was done
in the mid 80's.

Rich