From:
Scott Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:27:48 EST
So I'm checking out Berkshire Record Outlet and I notice that Brilliant
Classics has a couple new offerings, including the complete Grieg Lyric
Pieces by Hakon Austbo for six bucks (has anyone heard it? Then again,
for six dollars, how bad can it be?).

They've also got Herbert Blomstedt's Beethoven cycle with the Staatskapelle
Dresden for ten dollars.  This is the same cycle that I've seen highly
praised elsewhere and which Amazon sells (on the Berlin Classics label)
for forty dollars.  I had just picked it up used for half price and was
quite pleased with myself...until Berkshire started selling it even cheaper
three days later.  Oh well.  I'm still happy with the performances.

Anyhow, how DOES Brilliant Classics do it? I assumed they simply repackaged
out of print stuff, but that doesn't seem to always be the case.  Anyone
know?

Scott Peterson