From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:09:00 -0500
Sharon Albert wrote:

>I am leaving my (sometimes) beloved New York City and relocating to
>Washington, DC...Can you help me...looking for as many classical music
>venues as I can find.  Thanks

It may not be NYC but it might be the next best thing, here in the USA,
at least.  Aside from the Kennedy Center, there are weekly recitals (free
of charge) at the National Gallery and at the Phillips Gallery, as well
as occasionally at some of the embassies.  In addition to the National
Symphony there is the very good Fairfax Symphony and other local regional
orchestras.  Not too far away is Baltimore with its own opera and symphony
orchestra.  Better Web surfers than I will doubtless steer you to sites
on which you'll find all this corroborated.  You can also check the daily
newspaper.  Welcome to the city that, as JFK is supposed to have said,
combines Southern efficiency with Northern charm.

Walter Meyer