From:
Hector Aguilar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:07:46 -0700
Jeffrey Hall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Mutter/Masur on DG is supposed to be really good.  Here is a question I
>have, though: which version has the most exciting recording of that great
>gypsy 3rd movement?

I haven't heard Mutter/Masur, but once compared Kreisler/Blech with
Mutter/Karajan after she commented in an interview that she said about
Kreisler that she "wouldn't let a student of mine who sounded like that out
on the street," and Kreisler's recording just blew hers away.  As for which
recording has the best 3rd movement, I think that Leonid Kogan's recording
deserves a listen.

hector aguilar