Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 08:57:11 EST
Best Start publishes a booklet (How to Breastfeed) and tear-off sheet in
Spanish.  This has been pretested in 4 States and with women from 10
countries of origin.  We have learned that Spanish isn't all the same
Spanish...and one must be very careful to find words that will be understood
across these cultural lines.  Even with pretesting and revising there is
still a word here or there that might have to be explained by the educator.
However, it is financially unreasonable to produce seperate materials for
each of these groups...at least from the non-profit point of reference.

These materials have been reviewed by JHL, last summer or spring I believe.
If you would like samples or information please email me at

Regards,
Linda Inglis, BS, IBCLC
Best Start Social Marketing
Breastfeeding Coordinator