From:
Denise Altman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:03:36 EST
I need input from all of you BF experts who live for and eval research. I
have been given a brochure that is to be distributed to patients that is less
than ideal. In order to convince the company/powers that be that the
information is not current, I have to produce scientific, evidence based
studies. No textbooks (Riordan or Lawrence) are acceptable unless accompanied
by study. I am a bit under the gun which is why I am asking for help. The
topics are:
Infant guided feedings rather than 10 minutes each, alternating breasts
Stooling a better way to measure adequate intake for the Mom in the first 2
weeks
avoiding artificial nipples in the first month
Vitamins are unnecessary for nutritionally sound milk
Any input from MD's in particular is gratefully accepted-but would like help
from all!

Thanks,
Denise Altman, RN, IBCLC
South Carolina