From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:11:54 +0000
After reading the posting from Art Scott with even more recommendations for
me to add to my list, a thought occured to me.  I could use a 'Scriabin'
fund to defray all my expenses.  I think I do have a nice foundation of
Scriabin cds to add to:

Paley - Etudes - Naxos
Long - Etudes- Naxos
Glemser - Sonatas - Naxos
Zarafiants - Preludes - Naxos
 - Etudes disc and a varied one - Pro Piano
Coombs - Early Scriabin - Hyperion
Richter - Various - Music & Arts
Ashkenazy - Sonatas - London
Hamelin - Sonatas - Hyperion
Lane - Etudes & Preludes - Hyperion
Pletnev - Various - Virgin
Historical - Various - Russian Season
Horowitz - RCA
Fergus Thompson - ASV
Deyanova - Nimbus
Demidenko - Conifer
Sofronitsky - Philips Great Pianist Series

That might look fairly generous, but look what's left:

Shukov - Telos
Laredo - Nonesuch
Sokolov - Opus 111
Young - Americus(he used to be a member of our list)
Lisorskaya - BIS
Kuschnerova - Ars Musici
Woodward - ETC.
Gourari - Koch
Fiorentino - APR
Komen - Globe
Magaloff - Auvidis

Has anyone heard the Shukov set which I think has at least three discs?
AND, I have not received an answer to my question of whether the two
sonatas on the both Richter's Music & Arts and his Praga disc are the same
performances.  I really would like resolution on this one.  Please, please,
please!!

Don Satz