From:
David Cheng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:53:39 -0500
The next WMV concert is Saturday night February 16 at 7:30 pm, at
BannerArts Studio, 4233C Howard Ave, Kensington, MD.

Program: Sasha Margolis, violin, and Carl Banner, piano will perform the
beautiful Sonata in A major Op. 100 by Johannes Brahms, in loving memory
of Fern Solomon, who passed away in December.  Also on the program will be
a gentle and haunting piano sonata by Israeli master composer Mordecai
Seter, and a sprightly Mozart sonata for violin and piano.

The featured poet is Hilary Tham, author of MEN & Other Strange Myths,
Lane with No Name: Memoirs and Poems of a Malaysian-Chinese Girlhood, and
Counting.  From the book jacket of Counting: "Here race embraces faith and
the reader is witness to Tham's transformation into a person who glitters
and glows....  In Counting Tham sometimes reminds me of Ginsberg, giving
Kaddish for a loved one or asking America to confess or change." E.
Ethelbert Miller.

The BannerArts studio performances are the most informal of our events.
There are no reservations, so come early to guarantee a seat.  The first 65
people will be seated, after that it is standing room only!  Note: We have
raised our admission fee to $12 at the door.

For more information go to www.geocities.com/washingtonmusicaviva.

David Cheng <[log in to unmask]>