From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:36:26 +0000
Britta Kotecha asks:

>Can you please give me specific pieces which demonstrate this 'side-ways'
>rhythm most clearly?

No problem.  It's very noticeable right from the start of the BWV 565
Fugue, particularly so with Julia Brown's performance.  Other good
examples are Bach's Fugue in G minor BWV 578(first section), and the
Prelude and Fugue BWV 544.  Of course, its prevalence all depends on
the interpretation, and Brown is one who maximizes the effect in a very
muscular fashion.

Again, I do recommend Brown's disc very much.  After reading Bitta's
posting, I played the recording once more and continue to be impressed.

Don Satz